|Dale's Cajun Black Beans And Rice|
hot italian sausage links (~8 oz)
|2 ts||canola or peanut oil|
|1 lg||onion; chopped|
|3 cl||garlic; crushed|
|1 tb||cajun spice|
|1/4 ts||fresh ground black pepper|
|1 ts||ground cumin|
|1/8 ts||cayenne pepper (or to taste)|
|3 tb||red wine vinegar|
|3 cp||black beans (1 cup dry) -- soaked & cooked|
|2 cp||rice Cooked according to instructions (you know how)|
|1/2 cp||frozen corn well thawed and drained (optional)|
|1/4 cp||chopped fresh cilantro|
|1/8 cp||fresh mint (or to taste -- if you're Dave :-)|
|1||bell pepper; diced|
|1||red medium hot pepper; diced|
1. Cook sausage thouroughly. Drain and break up as much as possible
with a fork; set aside.|
2. Place oil in a nonstick saute pan; add bell pepper, onion, and garlic. On low saute uncovered for 10 minutes or until tender.
3. Return sausage to skillet; add Cajun spice, cumin, cayanne, vinegar, black pepper, and water and stir well.
4. Add precooked beans, cilantro, mint, and corn; cover and simmer over low heat for 8 minutes stiring twice to allow flavors to blend.
5. Divide cooked rice among desired number of bowls. Ladle beans proportionally over rice and top with sprinkle of red pepper.
|[an error occurred while processing this directive] Visitors to this recipe since Apr/29/2003|